What is Poxet 60 mg?
Poxet 60mg tablet is used for the safe and effective treatment of Early or Premature Ejaculation (PE) in men. It contains the active ingredient Dapoxetine which helps to delay the time of ejaculation. For men who ejaculate sooner than they or their partner would want to, this pill comes to the rescue. The process of ejaculation is delayed by 6-8 minutes. You should follow your doctor’s prescription and read the instructions mentioned in the leaflet before consuming this medication.
How does Poxet 60 work?
Poxet 60 is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) which increases the amount of Serotonin in brain. Serotonin is a chemical present inside the brain which acts as a neurotransmitter. Poxet 60 mg works by making more Serotonin available t0 the brain, thereby increasing the time of ejaculation. Gaining control over ejaculation helps you to stay in bed for long and enjoy with your partner without having to worry about ejaculating too soon. For men aged between 18 and 64 years, this medicine works like a charm. This medicine is also used as an antidepressant (for the treatment of depression).
It is advised to take only one tablet of Poxet 60 mg in 24 hours. Do not consume more than one tablet or you may face some serious side-effects. For best results, take it approximately 1-2 hours before having sexual intercourse with your partner. For the drug to work properly, take it on an empty stomach so that the medication gets dissolved into your bloodstream faster. However, various factors such as your age, metabolism, other disorders such as Erectile Dysfunction (ED), cardiovascular, eye disease, and other allergies can affect the onset of this medication. It is, therefore, advised to discuss your problem with your doctor so that he can suggest what’s best for you. Take this medication as and when needed. Do not consume liquor or any other alcoholic beverage along with this medicine as it may hamper your existing health and impart negative effects on your body.
Some common side-effects of this medication include:
- dizziness, and
Therefore, you should keep clear of these effects by following the advised dose of this medicine i.e. one tablet per day.
If you experience any of the above mentioned side-effects for long, contact your doctor immediately.
You should not take Poxet if you suffer from any of the following diseases or take any of the following medications.
- If you are allergic to Dapoxetine, Duloxetine, and other antidepressants.
- If you have a history of stroke and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness while standing up).
- If you suffer from kidney, liver, or any cardiovascular diseases.
- If you have anxiety, depression, Alzheimer’s, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.
- If you have any bleeding disorders such as Haemophilia, Von Willebrand disease, etc.
- If you are taking anti fungal medications such as Clotrimazole, Miconazole, Fluconazole, Ketoconazole, etc.
- If you are taking Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Aspirin, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, etc.
- If you are taking anticoagulants such as Heparin, Warfarin, Rivaroxaban, etc.
- If you are taking NRTIs such as Abacavir, Lamivudine, Stavudine or Protease inhibitors such as Ritonavir, Indinavir for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
If you suffer from any allergies or have a medical history, discuss your problem with your doctor before taking Poxet 60 mg tablets.
- Poxet 60mg tablets are meant to be stored in a cool and dry place. Once opened, store them in a airtight container, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep these medications out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Poxet 60mg used for?
Ans. Poxet 60mg is an effective medicine used for the treatment of Premature Ejaculation in men. It is the generic form of Priligy. It helps to delay the process of ejaculation and allows men to stay hard for long.
2. How long does it take for Poxet 60 to work?
Ans. It takes approximately 1-2 hours for Poxet to work. Therefore, it is recommended to take this pill accordingly before any sexual activity.
3. Is Poxet the same as Priligy?
Ans. Poxet 60mg is the generic form of Priligy. It contains the same active ingredient Dapoxetine found in Priligy. Poxet works the same as Priligy and costs less as well.
4. How should I take Poxet?
Ans. This medicine can be taken with or without food. However, it is known to show positive results when taken on an empty stomach. When taken on an empty stomach, it helps the medicine to dissolve into the system faster and act immediately. You should not take more than one pill of Poxet 60mg in 24 hours.