Edegra 100mg – Sildenafil Citrate Tablets
Edegra 100mg is a drug prescribed by doctors to men suffering from Erectile Dysfunction (ED). It contains the ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is responsible for smooth blood circulation throughout the body. If you’re suffering from ED and find it difficult to achieve an erection, then this pill is the right solution for you. This medicine is popularly known as a PDE 5 inhibitor, meaning that it attacks the enzyme PDE 5 which is responsible for improper blood flow to the penis. The enzyme PDE 5 blocks the action of cGMP (which is responsible for erection) and doesn’t allow the person to achieve an erection. What Edegra does is – it stops the enzyme PDE 5 from attacking the cGMP molecule and allows the blood to flow properly throughout the body, including the penis. This results in more and more blood getting filled into the penis, thereby resulting in an erection.
It needs to be noted that this medicine works only when you’re aroused or are sexually stimulated. In no case should this medicine be seen as an alternative for enhancing sexual performance or achieving orgasm.
Recommended Dosage, Instructions and Side-effects
Edegra 100 mg is intended to be taken on an empty stomach. Consume it one hour prior to any sexual activity to experience positive results. Do not consume more than one pill of this drug in 24 hours. In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately. Side-effects such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, flushing, indigestion, and diarrhea are known to occur in cases where the advised dosage isn’t followed. Conditions such as blurred or loss of vision (caused due to loss of blood flow to the optic nerve) and an erection lasting for more than 4 hours (as a result of blood getting trapped into the penis) can also occur in some rare cases. It is, therefore, advised to follow the doctor’s prescription and not exceed the recommended amount of this drug. The effects of this medicine are known to last for 4-5 hours.
Warnings and Precautions of Edegra 100
- Consumption of alcohol and grapefruit juice along with Edegra 100 mg is strictly not advised. Both alcohol and grapefruit juice have been known to deteriorate your existing health condition and impart negative effects on your health.
- If you suffer from any deformities of the penis, you should talk to your doctor before consuming this drug.
- For people who have a history of chest pain, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, this medicine is strictly not advised. Discuss your condition with the doctor and he will guide what’s best for you as per your condition.
- If you suffer from blood related diseases such as leukaemia and sickle cell anemia, you should not consider taking this drug.
- If you have any allergies or suffer from any eye, kidney, or cardiovascular health-related disease, you should discuss it with your physician before consuming this medication.
Drug Interactions of 100mg Edegra
Edegra 100mg is known to interact with various medications and may affect your health when taken alongside these medications. Let your doctor know if you take any of these medicines.
- If you take any form of nitrates for the treatment of Angina or Chest Pain.
- Alpha blockers such as Alfuzosin, Doxazosin, and Prazosin for lowering blood pressure or enlarged prostate.
- Amlodipine such as Norvasc used to treat high blood pressure and coronary artery disease.
- Ritonavir such as Norvir for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin (Coumadin).
- CYP3A4 inhibitors such as Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Saquinavir, etc. used for metabolising various medicines.
If you are allergic to certain medications or take any herbal or over the counter (OTC) medications, let your doctor know about them.
Storage Instructions of Edegra
- Edegra 100mg tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place. Keep these pills away from moisture and sunlight. Once the pack of tablets is opened, store it in an airtight container.
- Keep these pills out of reach of pets and children. These pills are meant to be taken by men aged 18 years and above.
Edegra 100mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited, a pharmaceutical company based out of Mumbai, India. They are in the business of manufacturing and marketing branded generic pharmaceutical products in India and across the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Edegra 100 mg?
Ans. Edegra 100mg is a medicine which is used to treat the problem of Erectile Dysfunction (ED, also known as Impotence) in men. This medicine contains the same active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is found in Viagra. This pill opens the blocked chambers of the muscles of the body and allows the blood to flow easily through the penis. An erection can be achieved 30-45 minutes after the pill is popped in. For best results, consume it on an empty stomach and 1 hour before performing any sexual activity.
2. What is Edegra Sildenafil?
Ans. Edegra Sildenafil is the same medicine that contains Sildenafil Citrate in it. It is used to cure the problem of Impotence in men and is one of the best alternatives to the blue pill.
3. How long does Edegra last?
Ans. This medicine has been known to last for as long as 4-5 hours. The effects of this pill can be experienced approximately 30-45 minutes after the pill is consumed.
4. Is Edegra the same as Viagra?
Ans. Edegra contains the same active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate present in Viagra. Therefore, it works the same way as Viagra but is cheaper in terms of cost.
5. How long does it take for a 100mg Edegra or Viagra to kick in?
Ans. It takes almost 30 to 45 minutes for 100mg Viagra to kick in. An erection can be experienced if the person is sexually stimulated which can last up to five hours. For this pill to work properly, make sure you consume it on an empty stomach.
6. Are there any side effects of Edegra?
Ans. In some cases, minor side effects such as headaches, flushing, dizziness, indigestion, etc. can occur. It is therefore advised to consume only one pill in 24 hours. The medicine gets completely removed from the system after 24 hours.
7. How much milligrams of Edegra should I take?
Ans. Edegra comes in the form of a 100mg tablet. A single tablet is usually advised to be taken in 24 hours. Therefore, you should take only 100 milligrams of Edegra before having sexual intercourse with your partner. If you do not face any positive effects of the medicine, you can opt-in for a better alternative after discussing it with your doctor.
8. Where is Edegra 100 mg (Sildenafil Citrate) made?
Ans. Edegra 100mg (Sildenafil Citrate) tablets are made and manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. in India. They are one of the reputed pharmaceutical manufacturers across the globe providing medications to over 150 countries.
9. Which is the best place to buy Edegra online?
Ans. There are many websites selling this medicine online. But you need a trusted source as there are many counterfeit sites as well. Therefore, we recommend you to buy Edegra 100mg from our website as we provide a hassle-free process of buying medicines online. Moreover, you’re provided with a tracking no. for your order wherein you can track the shipment status of your order. We’re here to serve you. You can reach out to us via our mail or contact no. listed on our website.