Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Armodafinil 150 mg prescribed for?
Ans. Armodafinil is a safe legal drug provided it is used as prescribed. The prescription of the drug comes under cases where excessive sleepiness or work shift disorder is required to be treated. It is also helpful to fight periods of stopped breathing during sleep. However, it does not help to get rid of sleep disorders. Armodafinil 150mg is available in the form of tablets and is taken by mouth. Regular usage of the drug helps to provide the benefits as claimed.
2. Is Armodafinil a controlled substance?
Ans. Armodafinil 150 mg is a federally controlled substance (C-IV) because it can be abused or can lead to dependence/addiction. Keeping armodafinil in a safe place is one of the ways to prevent misuse and abuse. If you have ever abused or have been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines or street drugs, consult a doctor. In case you are going through any of the conditions below, consult a doctor before using Armodafinil.
- a history of mental health problems, including psychosis, have heart problems or had a heart attack have high blood pressure. Your blood pressure may need to be checked more often while taking armodafinil.
- liver or kidney problems
- a history of drug or alcohol abuse or addiction
- you’re pregnant or planning to have a baby. It is not known if armodafinil will harm your unborn baby.
3. Is Armodafinil a narcotic?
Since armodafinil is a controlled drug and is sold legally, the chances of the same turning into addiction are very low. However, it should still be used only when necessary and as prescribed. When used in excess, it can show side effects such as trouble sleeping, restlessness, confusion, disorientation, feeling excited, mania, hallucinations, nausea, diarrhea, etc. However, the prescribed dosage is unlikely to show any side effects.
4. Is Armodafinil a stimulant?
Yes, armodafinil is a stimulant that is used to improve wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder; and as adjunctive therapy for obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (breathing interruption in sleep). This oral drug is used to promote wakefulness which acts as a stimulant when consumed as prescribed.
5. Is Armodafinil 150 mg better than Modalert 200mg?
Armodafinil 150mg and Modalert 200mg both function in a similar manner. Apart from the generic name and sellers, there is hardly any difference. Armodafinil is a little costlier than Modalert when it comes to pricing but the after-effects are also better in case of the former. Apart from that, the composition, as well as the side-effects, is almost the same in both cases.